Linking LIC’s prestigious project, Enterprise Document Management System (EDMS) with customer portal is also expected to take policy servicing to the next level.
Services offered through LIC’s e-Services
- Online premium payment of policies
- Status of policies including loan and claim status
- Nomination and Assignment details
- Premium calender
- Revival quotations
- Images of policy document and proposal form
- Premium paid statements for income tax purpose
Who can enrol for LIC’s e-Services
Every existing policy holder of LIC of India can register and avail these services absolutely free of cost. Existing customers who have already registered for customer portal of LIC can use this service using existing user name and password.
How to enrol for LIC’s e-Services.
First and foremost thing to use this service is to register and enrol for e-services. Registration is a one time process which involves just three steps, which you can complete in a few minutes of time.
Before starting the registration process just follow the check list given below for an easy and uninterrupted registration.
Information and documents required for registering for LIC’s e-Services
- Policy numbers of all policies (including policies of Spouse and Children)
- Premium amount of all policies (without service tax if any.)
- PAN card/Aadhar card/passport as proof of Identity
- PAN card Number
- Valid email Id.
Registering for e-Services – Steps involved
1. Creating a user ID and password
If you are a registered user of customers portal of LIC you can use the “Registered user ” Link.
Use “New User ” button if you are a new user. On clicking new user button you will get a screen as shown here. Fill the details and click “Proceed” to create a user ID and password.
2. Enrolling policies
Login to the e-Services portal using the user name and password created using the “Registered User” Link.
Now you can enrol your policies from the link provided in the left side under the section “e-Services tools”. You will be prompted to give your policy numbers and premium.
Fill the form and enrol your policies. Before enrolling the policies of your spouse and children go to “Update profile” and add Name and date of birth of your spouse and all your children in the profile. Now you can enrol the policies of your wife and children also to the portal.
3. Printing enrolled policies list.
You can print the list of enrolled polices from the link provided in the “home” screen and get it signed by your self.
4. Scanning and reducing the size of documents.
Remember to reduce the size of the file to less than 100 KB. You can achieve this by editing the scanned copy using “Photoshop”.
If you don’t have a scanner at your disposal you can use your smart phone also. Install Cam Scanner form play store to convert your smart phone into a good scanner.
5. Uploading the documents.
Now you can upload the document using the link provided in the home screen of the site. You will get intimation through email once the verification process is over. Verification process will be completed in less than three days.
Once the enrolment is successful you can use all the features in the e-services portal.
List of services already available in the e-services portal is given here. The list of services currently offered will be enhanced in the future once the system is stabilised.You can expect many more things in the future and for that just check back to your portal once in a while.
Register for LIC’s e-Services through branch office
If you are already an e-services user, you can enrol your new policy at the time of completion of proposal, automatically by providing an addendum supplied by LIC along with new proposal form. Click here to download the addendum. You will get policy certificate on priority basis and images of the proposal and policy bond will be available through e-services.
Read more: Calculate Insurance Coverage needed for you – using Human Life Value Calculator
- Know more about LIC premium payment options available Online and Offline
- Download Premium and Benefit Calculator of LIC Policies.
- Download stand alone Income Tax Calculator.
- Online Income Tax Calculator.
- Health Insurance Plan from LIC of India .
- Invest in Share Market Through LIC
- Download a Free Software to Manage All Your Clients
Latest posts by Anish L J (see all)
- All about LIC’s New Critical Illness Benefit Rider - February 15, 2017
- Five myths of Indians about Insurance – which cannot be uprooted - March 8, 2016
- All about Income Tax rules applicable for Life Insurance policies. - February 20, 2016